Base is where a player make his/her hideout from the hostile alien planet. A base is a static structure in which many useful devices like Large Constructor, Oxygen Station can be placed and use them to make more advance items or make life easier in alien planets. There are also Alien and Player bases all over the game universe. Find them here
Building a Base[edit | edit source]
- First the player need to build a Base Starter.
- Base starter needs a flat land to place on which can be made using Filler & Flatten Tool.
- Base Starter can be placed after adequate amount of land become flat.
- Base Stater placed like every other blocks except the ghost block shows only the outline. If the outline is RED it can't be placed and will show error massage saying You need to flatten the terrain first at the top right hand corner of the window if tried to placed.
- After successfully placing the Starter player need to place a fuel tank (large or small) and add fuel to it.
- Player also need to add generator (large or small)
- After that player can turn on the power of the base by pressing the key Y (default).
The overall information and what essential parts are missing will show in Base Control Panel (Accessed via P (default) ). Name of the base and ownership can also be changed via the Base control Pannel. Go here to find out more about ownership.
NOTE:As soon as the base get turned on it will attract Drones
Functional Parts[edit | edit source]
Following blocks are essential for a useful base-
- Large Constructor to construct advance/complex items
- Oxygen Station to fill up suit oxygen
- Oxygen Tank (large or Small) for source of oxygen for Oxygen Station
- Food Processor to craft foods and medical items
- Turrets (see Defending Base) for defending the base
- Growing Plot and Plant Grow Light to grow foods.
- Fridges (Tier 1 or Tier 2) for keep the perishable foods fresh.
NOTE:All the blocks mentioned above will not available from the start. Player need to unlock them via Tech Tree
There are many more functional and decorational blocks for the base, which can used to increase functionality of the base or make it look better. A complete list can be found here. Parts which can be attached in a BA are marked by a red dot in the upper left corner in constructor menu.
Space Station[edit | edit source]
Space Stations are base made in space. They are Identical to the planet bases in every way except in space there is no gravity. There is also no oxygen inside of a Space Station, so it is necessary to have your helmet on and a source of Oxygen readily available at all times. Space Stations need a Gravity Generator to create artificial gravity in space.
- Find all the pre-made in-game space stations here
Maintaining and Defending Base[edit | edit source]
- The core denotes the ownership of the base.It is also the primary target of the attacking drones, so it needs to be very heavily protected.
- The base needs power to function . Generators give that power and the fuel in fuel tanks supply fuel to the generator. Without power all the devices will shut down. Keep the fuel tank under close watch so they don't run out of fuel.
- Place turrets to defend the base from attacking Drones and to clear out the surrounding area from hostile mobs.
Find out more about maintenance here.