Create and insert customized POIs
Step 1: Preparation Rules[edit | edit source]
- You can only use BASES
- Your BASE needs to have an ALIEN CORE
(Using a Player-Core will result in a CoQ Error when loading the game!)
- Your BASE will only shoot at nearby players, if you use ALIEN weaponry (Ion Turrets, Laser Turrets, Alien Sentry Turrets). Any Player-faction turret or weapon will NOT work.
Step 2. Creating a Blueprint Spawngroup[edit | edit source]
- Start a game in CREATIVE mode, as you can not place/build with Alien stuff in Survival.
- Finish your base and keep the 3 Preparation Rules in mind to avoid problems.
- Save your base as a blueprint: Go close, hit rightALT+O and use SAVE AS. We'll use 'myPOI' in this tutorial
- After the base is saved, open the Blueprint Library (F2)
- Find the 'myPOI' base blueprint and double-click on it. A new window will open, asking you to set a blueprint group name
- Enter a name, but do NOT use any symbols. Keep it in ONE word like 'customPOI' (without the ' ' ). Make sure the Group reads like you want! You can NOT change it afterwards as the Group name is permanently saved to the blueprint file! (Just overwriting will not change it!)
- If you are done, click SET and proceed with Step 3
Step 3: File Transfer[edit | edit source]
- Leave the game and open your Windows Explorer. Go to the blueprint folder, located here: ...\games\Steam\steamapps\common\Empyrion - Galactic Survival\Saves\Blueprints\yourEPID\
- Find the 'myPOI' blueprint. It is saved in a folder with the same name you gave it in Step 2.3
- Copy the myPOI.epb file to this folder: ..\Steam\steamapps\common\Empyrion - Galactic Survival\Content\Prefabs\
Step 4: Adding BP group to the playfield[edit | edit source]
- We'll use the existing TEMPERATE playfield for this tutorial (AKUA)
- If you do not have Notepad++ (or a similar tool) installed, DO IT NOW. Using the Editor or even Office might break your file when saving or editing. Notepad++ is free!
- In order to avoid breaking the syntax, use this visibility setting for Notepad++ or similar tools: Start Notepad++ -> go to VIEW -> Non printable -> Show ALL
- Open the temperate playfield folder located here: ...\Steam\steamapps\common\Empyrion - Galactic Survival\Content\Playfields\Temperate
- Right-click the playfield.yaml file and choose "open with Notepad++"
- Scroll down to line 484 (other line Nr in other playfields!) where you will see the info "POIs > Random". There you will see the POIs that spawn in RANDOM worlds that are generated via the SEED.
Note: Any playfield has a given order in which POIs, deposits or anything else is spawned. The POIs that are located at the TOP of the list, are spawned first. They have the highest priority. So if the playfield would ever run out of space for placing a POI, those down at the bottom of the list might never make it into your game...
- To make things easy, just copy an existing POI entry and re-place it below or above the original entry.
Important: After having inserted the entry MAKE SURE the syntax is still intact. If you use Notepad++ and have activated ALL in view mode, you will notice if there are letters, symbols or breaks missing or added. Make sure your copied entry looks like all the others in the POI list!
- Now change the "GroupName: " to "Group Name: customPOI"
- You can make other changes, too: How many of the included POIs should spawn, how many drones defend them, if any, and so on (these infos are documented in the .yaml)
- Save the .yaml
Now, start a NEW game and enjoy your very own POIs! :)
Questions and Answers[edit | edit source]
Q: Why do i need to start a new game?
A: If you edited a playfield that has already been visited in your savegame, changes like adding custom POIs will not affect the savegame.
Q: Can i add several POIs to one Group?
A: Yes. But each of your POIs can only be member of ONE Group!
Q: I have added a POI to a group but want to change it to another group!
A: Unfortunately that is not possible at the moment. As the Group is saved to the blueprint file, you need to save your POI with another name and try again (Or delete the blueprint file and save the building to the same name).
Q: Where can i see the groups created and the contents of this group?
A: That's not possible at the moment (We'll add this). You need to rely on your own notes
Q: How can i change how deep my POI is spawned into the ground?
A: You can not manually influence/set this. This is a default setting coded in the game (We'll change that as well)