|The stock "BA_Prefab_Tier7a" Base|
Speed and Capability
A Base is where a player will protect themselves from the hostile alien planet. A base is a static structure in which many useful devices like the Large Constructor and the Oxygen Station can be placed and used to make more advanced items or make life easier on alien planets. There are also Alien and Player bases all over the game universe. Find them here
Building a Base[edit | edit source]
- First the player needs to build a Base Starter.
- The Base starter needs a flat surface to be placed down, which can be made using the Drill(T2).
- The Base Starter can be placed after adequate amount of land is flattened.
- The Base Starter is placed like any other block, except the ghost block shows only the outline. If the outline is RED it can't be placed and will show an error massage saying You need to flatten the terrain first at the top right hand corner of the window if you try to place it.
- After successfully placing the Base Starter block, the player needs to place a fuel tank (large or small) and add fuel to it.
- the Player also needs to add generator (large or small)
- After that the player can turn on the power of the base by pressing the key Y (default).
The overall information and what essential parts are missing will show in Base Control Panel (Accessed via P (default) ). Name of the base and ownership can also be changed via the Base control Pannel. Go here to find out more about ownership.
Note that as soon as the base gets turned on it will attract Drones.
Functional Parts[edit | edit source]
Following blocks are essential for a useful base-
- Large Constructor to construct advance/complex items
- Oxygen Station to fill up suit oxygen
- Oxygen Tank (large or Small) for source of oxygen for Oxygen Station
- Food Processor to craft foods and medical items
- Turrets (see Defending Base) for defending the base
- Growing Plot and Plant Grow Light to grow foods.
- Fridges (Tier 1 or Tier 2) for keep the perishable foods fresh.
NOTE:All the blocks mentioned above will not available from the start. Player need to unlock them via Tech Tree
There are many more functional and decorational blocks for the base, which can used to increase functionality of the base or make it look better. A complete list can be found here. Parts which can be attached in a BA are marked by a red dot in the upper left corner in constructor menu.
Space Station[edit | edit source]
Space Stations are base made in space. They are Identical to the planet bases in every way except in space there is no gravity. There is also no oxygen inside of a Space Station, so it is necessary to have your helmet on and a source of Oxygen readily available at all times. Space Stations need a Gravity Generator to create artificial gravity in space.
- Find all the pre-made in-game space stations here
Maintaining and Defending Base[edit | edit source]
- The core denotes the ownership of the base.It is also the primary target of the attacking drones, so it needs to be very heavily protected.
- The base needs power to function . Generators give that power and the fuel in fuel tanks supply fuel to the generator. Without power all the devices will shut down. Keep the fuel tank under close watch so they don't run out of fuel.
- Place turrets to defend the base from attacking Drones and to clear out the surrounding area from hostile mobs.
Here is the list of Turrets which can be placed on the base
Find out more about maintenance here.