Create and insert customized POIs
Step 1: Preparation Rules[edit | edit source]
- You can only use BASES
- Your BASE will only shoot at nearby players, if you use ALIEN weaponry (Ion Turrets, Laser Turrets, Alien Sentry Turrets). Any Player-faction turret or weapon will NOT work.
Step 2. Creating a Blueprint Spawngroup[edit | edit source]
- Start a game in CREATIVE mode, as you can not place/build with Alien stuff in Survival.
- Finish your base and keep the Preparation Rules in mind to avoid problems.
- Save your base as a blueprint: Go close, hit rightALT+O and use SAVE AS. We'll use 'myPOI' in this tutorial
- After the base is saved, open the Blueprint Library (F2)
- Find the 'myPOI' base blueprint and double-click on it. A new window will open, asking you to set a blueprint group name, a spawn name, elevation, save damage and a checkbox for cutout
- Enter a group name - keep it in ONE word like 'customPOI' (without the ' ' ). Add a spawn name (the name you see on the playfield after the game spawned your POI) but do NOT use any symbols. You can also set the elevation (for example -2 = the lowest row of blocks is aligned with the terrain; to place the base any deeper, go in steps of 2 = -4, -6, -8 ...), choose if damages are saved and choose if the base has a CUTOUT ( that means that your base will delete the terrain in its bounding box if the base is submerged into terrain. Note: only works when your sub-terrain base is shaped rectangular. Octagonal or irregular shapes will lead to a rectangular cutout)
- If you are done, click SET and proceed with Step 3
Step 3: File Transfer[edit | edit source]
- Leave the game and open your Windows Explorer. Go to the blueprint folder, located here: ...\games\Steam\steamapps\common\Empyrion - Galactic Survival\Saves\Blueprints\yourEPID\
- Find the 'myPOI' blueprint. It is saved in a folder with the same name you gave it in Step 2.3
- Copy the myPOI.epb file to this folder: ..\Steam\steamapps\common\Empyrion - Galactic Survival\Content\Prefabs\
Step 4: Adding BP group to the playfield[edit | edit source]
- We'll use the existing TEMPERATE playfield for this tutorial (AKUA)
- If you do not have Notepad++ (or a similar tool) installed, DO IT NOW. Using the Editor or even Office might break your file when saving or editing. Notepad++ is free!
- In order to avoid breaking the syntax, use this visibility setting for Notepad++ or similar tools: Start Notepad++ -> go to VIEW -> Non printable -> Show ALL
- Open the temperate playfield folder located here: ...\Steam\steamapps\common\Empyrion - Galactic Survival\Content\Playfields\Temperate
- Right-click the playfield.yaml file and choose "open with Notepad++"
- Scroll down to line 465 (other line Nr in other playfields!) where you will see the info "POIs > Random". There you will see the POIs that spawn in RANDOM worlds that are generated via the SEED.
Note: Any playfield has a given order in which POIs, deposits or anything else is spawned. The POIs that are located at the TOP of the list, are spawned first. They have the highest priority. So if the playfield would ever run out of space for placing a POI, those down at the bottom of the list might never make it into your game...
- To make things easy, just copy an existing POI entry and re-place it below or above the original entry.
Important: After having inserted the entry MAKE SURE the syntax is still intact. If you use Notepad++ and have activated ALL in view mode, you will notice if there are letters, symbols or breaks missing or added. Make sure your copied entry looks like all the others in the POI list!
- Now change the "GroupName: " to "GroupName: customPOI"
- You can make other changes, too: How many of the included POIs should spawn, how many drones defend them, if any, and so on (these infos are documented in the .yaml)
- Save the .yaml
Now, start a NEW game and enjoy your very own POIs! :)
Questions and Answers[edit | edit source]
Q: Why do i need to start a new game?
A: If you edited a playfield that has already been visited in your savegame, changes like adding custom POIs will not affect the savegame.
Q: Can i add several POIs to one Group?
A: Yes. But each of your POIs can only be member of ONE Group!
Q: I have added a POI to a group but want to change it to another group!
A: Go to the ingame blueprint group menu. Double-click the blueprint, change the blueprint group name and click SET again.
Q: Where can i see the groups created and the contents of this group?
A: That's not possible at the moment (We'll add this). You need to rely on your own notes
Q: How can i change how deep my POI is spawned into the ground?
A: You can set the elevation by double clicking on the blueprint (for example -2 = the lowest row of blocks is aligned with the terrain; to place the base any deeper, go in steps of 2 = -4, -6, -8 ...). Activate "Flatten terrain" (works best with rectangular base designs). Otherwise all underground rooms are all filled with earth and have to be dug up first by the player with the drill tool.