We have begun migration of most wikis to our new host, Amazon Web Services. All but the top 100 wikis are in read-only mode until the migration is complete. Estimated completion: TBD -- Update: Fri 10/20 11pm UTC - We have encountered some unexpected issues. Our staff is working around the clock to complete this process as quickly as possible. Thank you for your patience.
Resource Deposit or Ore Deposit are the source of Ores in Empyrion: Galactic Survival universe which are the basic resources. Various Resource Deposit can be found all around on planets and Moons, and also some asteroids. A Resource Deposit which is are located on a planet or moon gives experience when discovered. The amount of experience depends on the size of the deposit unlike Resource Meteorites, which give no experience upon discovery. Drones sometimes guards the resources (not common on Akua). Building any structure or vessel is restricted near any Resource Deposit in multiplayer.
Discovering[edit | edit source]
On Planets and Moons[edit | edit source]
A Resource Deposit gets discovered automatically when the player comes within detection range (currently 500m). The player is notified about the discovery via an onscreen alert in the upper right hand corner of the HUD, and a sound plays. The player also gets experience (sizex30) for discovering them. Labels are shown after the discovery on HUD. Labels contain the following information:
- Type of the Ore
- Total ore in the deposit and percentage of remaining ore
- Distance from the player's current position.
Resource Deposit are also shown in the HUD map and Planet map, unlike Resource Meteorites which are only shown in the HUD map. The icon of the ore is shown on the maps. Mouse hovering over any ore icon in planet map will show the type of the ore, size of the deposit and how much of it is left. The Planet map also shows how many deposit of each ore is found on that planet and how many of them are already discovered by the player. Ore deposits are currently buried no more than about 10m underground.
In Orbit[edit | edit source]
Resource Asteroids are always shown on the Orbit map and in the HUD map while in orbit. In orbit map the resource asteroid markers do not show any information on mouse hover. On-screen text only shows the name of the ore (right now only Sathium Ore can be found on orbit) and the distance when it come inside the range (~2.7km)
If any deposit is within the detection range of the player but not in the players FOV, a small blue arrow () shown in the edge of the HUD indicating that resource.
NOTE: The onscreen label and the map icon keep showing even if the deposit drained completely.
Size[edit | edit source]
Resource Deposit size are determined by its diameter which are set in game file (playfield.yaml). Diameter can randomly vary from 1-25 as it set on the game-file. The size shown in-game is the amount of ore that deposit will drop. The drop amount calculated by 2.5 x (Deposit size)3 [± 5% ] (this formula is a player calculated speculation which is discussed and speculated here). Mining drain the deposit and the size after mining shown by how much % of ore is left in the deposit.
Resource Meteorites fall to the planets when all deposits of an ore have less than 10% ore left.
Mining[edit | edit source]
History[edit | edit source]
- Pre-Alpha 1.0.0 : Introduced with manually placed diposits
- Pre-Alpha 1.1.0 : Deposit size in space increased
- Pre-Alpha 3.0.0 : Deposit are randomly placed depend on seed,Added deposit size on HUD label and map, height(depth) is consider in the distance between player and deposit,Changed color of Silicon ore
- Pre-Alpha 3.0.1 : Increased detection range of resources from 300m to 500m
- Pre-Alpha 3.2.0 : Added panel to planetary map that indicates how many resources are in the planet/moon and how many of them are discovered, Added probabilities of drone spawning to resources and guarding them
- Pre-Alpha 4.0.0 : Deposit size increased, deposits are now less buried
- Pre-Alpha 4.0.2 : Deposit size, amount increased.
- Pre-Alpha 4.1.0 : Deposit size (ore amount) included in the label, also shown how much left of it(in map too), Resource Meteorites introduced
- Pre-Alpha 4.2.0 : Players cannot build near a resource deposit
- Pre-Alpha 5.3.0 : Players can build near a resource deposit in single player only (restriction still apply on multiplayer)